Sunday, July 17, 2016

Classroom Themes

Themes for your classroom


Today I'm going to share with you some of my classroom themes I've had throughout the years.  I know when I'm trying to find ideas for my theme, I like to look at other people's pictures to get my creativity running!

Decorating my classroom is one of my favorite things to do!  The only problem is, every time summer is about halfway over, I start to stress about what my new classroom theme will be.  I know it really isn't a big deal, but I sort of have this weird rule in my brain that I can't have the same theme two years in a row.  Crazy, I know.  I also probably end up spending more money than I should.  Thank goodness for Dollar Tree, but it's the teacher stores that really get me.

Let's see, I've had an ocean (complete with a surfboard), ecosystems, newspaper, social studies, detective, technology(this was my favorite) and cafe theme for my new office which I share with two coworkers .  I truly get most of my ideas from surfing the net, but a lot of my creativity comes from walking through Dollar Tree.  It's awesome the things you'll find there!

Cafe Theme (I only have a few):




Technology/Social Media Theme:






I mixed in the Depth and Complexity icons with apps we had for the iPad.


Nice wrinkly wall! ;)


The kids had the opportunity to write "tweets" on the wall!



Here's my detective theme:
I purchased the magnifying glasses at Dollar Tree!  The small science images were from CM School Supply.


The large eyeball was also from Dollar Tree!  The "Math Surrounds Us" poster, one of my favorites, was also from Dollar Tree too!  The rest of the posters are typically from CM or Lakeshore.


A parent of one of my former students designed a lot of my detective artwork!  She's amazing!  She created the two cute little detective kids!  Below, she also made the enormous detective!  How amazing is she?  I'm glad I didn't have to do it.
4th Grade Social Studies Theme:
I love this paper from CM; it's so cool!  It looks like a wooden wall!
The rope was found again at...you guessed it--Dollar Tree!
Items hanging across the top were found at Dollar Tree and Party City.  The paper in the background was from CM.
Feather headdress from CM and small bundle of hay/sticks purchased at Dollar Tree.




Rock paper from CM and bandannas were from Dollar Tree I believe.  Wow, I guess you can tell how much I love that place! 
Awesome crinkle ocean backdrop purchased from CM.  I used it when I used to teach 2nd grade too for my ocean room, and I also used it for my ecosystem room.  I need to find those pictures!


I was very proud of my tree!  Ha ha!  I had never made one before, so I decided to give it a try.  I also used it for my ecosystem theme the year before as part of the rain forest.  I bunched up a bunch of brown butcher paper and started stapling away like crazy.  I then bought fake vines and leaves from Dollar Tree.  They also had adorable dragon flies, so I pinned those up too.  


What themes have you tried?
Themes for your classroom

No comments:

Post a Comment